Carrying the torch for the new wave of American heavy metal Greywalker deliver razor sharp dual guitar attacks, thunderous rhythms and pure, unfiltered aggression. In 2015 they self-released their debut album Beyond All Mortal and over the past couple years they have built a reputation for their relentless live performances sharing the stage with bands such as Darkest Hour, Nile, August Burns Red & Baroness. In 2017 they were nominated the "Best Metal Band" in the Pittsburgh City Paper's annual Readers Poll.
Blending their favorite melodic elements from Swedish legends such as In Flames & Dark Tranquility with the unfiltered American chaos of bands like Slipknot & Lamb Of God, Greywalker have developed a crossover style that is unapologetically aggressive but surprisingly approachable thanks to their strong focus on songwriting and storytelling. The lyrical content typically revolves around the internal struggles that exist within us all and aims to only enlighten, empower, encourage the listener to challenge the way the view the world around them. Never discriminating anyone or their ideals based on race, religion, politics, gender or lifestyle. Greywalker believes you can get anyone to headbang if you give them something worth headbanging for.
Greywalker also assumes control and direction over most of their visual media as well. Helping direct and edit their own music videos, designing and printing their own merchandise and constantly developing new content has kept them on top of their game. Off the stage and outside of the studio, the band has has a strong sense of community and have channeled that energy to collaborate with various Pittsburgh based companies on a wide variety of projects such as multiple craft beer releases with the award winning Penn Brewery & Maggies Farm Rum for the annual Brewtal Beer Fest and small batch hot sauce releases with Allegheny City Farms.
Their sophomore album Without Control is the full length follow up to 2015's Beyond All Mortal and showcases the sonic expansion and full realization of the band's sound. The self-produced album was recorded in part by Matt Very at Very Tight Recordings (Code Orange, Anti-Flag) and was mastered by the legendary award winning engineer Alan Douches (Cannibal Corpse, Dillinger Escape Plan, Every Time I Die) at West West Side Music. Without Control was self-released on July 6th 2018.
· BEST OF 2018 COMMUNITY VOTE | THE METAL EDGE
· 2018 YEAR IN REVIEW | THE METAL
· TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2018 | METAL INSIDER
· BEST OF 2018 | THE METAL EDGE
· WITHOUT CONTROL ALBUM REVIEW | KAOSGUARDS
· WITHOUT CONTROL ALBUM REVIEW | THE METAL
· WITHOUT CONTROL ALBUM REVIEW | FILTHY MEDIA
· DARK WATERS TRACK REVIEW | ROCK THE PIGEON MUSIC BLOG
· WITHOUT CONTROL RELEASE PARTY REVIEW | FIRST ANGEL MEDIA
· PICS FROM THE PIT | 105.9 THE X - HEADBANGERS BLOG
· METAL MUNCHIES | PITTSBURGH POST GAZETTE
· "WITHOUT CONTROL" MAKING MEANING | OF MUSIC AND MIND
· PITTSBURGH MUSIC MAGAZINE | JUNE 2018
· "WITHOUT CONTROL" VIDEO FEATURE | 105.9 THE X - HEADBANGER'S BLOG
· MARTA ON THE MOVE PODCAST
· DRINKING PARTNERS PODCAST
· BRIAN HOWE INTERVIEW w/ KEVIN POWELL
· CRITIC'S PICK | PITTSBURGH CITY PAPER
· BEST OF PITTSBURGH 2017